Vocal Freedom & Fearlessness
Join Marion for a playful, experimental exploration of your voice, and expand your vocal palette in ways you never imagined.
- Vocal technique, taught in a playful, no-stakes way
- Build your vocal presence and mindfulness
- Uncover your Full Voice using Barbara McAfee's Five Element framework
- Work towards performing a song of your choice
- All classes taught by Marion, limited to 20 participants
- Wednesdays 10 - 11 am Pacific Time via zoom (level 1)
- Thursdays 10-11 am Pacific via zoom (level 2)
- Thursdays 6:45-7:45 pm PDT in person at 5915 SE Division Street, Portland, OR 79206 (level 2)
- Level 1: learn the 5 elements framework. Level 2: apply that skill to sing a song in front of the group
Vocal Play & Improvisation
What would happen if you just stood up, opened your mouth, and let whatever happened, happen? Join us for this profoundly empowering and incredibly fun class, and find out!
- Abandon all judgment and play in the moment
- Learn how to make up melodies, rhythms, harmonies, languages
- Love whatever comes out of your mouth and play with it, one note at a time
- Taught by Marion
- Thursdays 8-9 pm Pacific Time in person at 5915 SE Division Street, Portland, OR 97206
Black Voices Matter
Sing y’All is actively anti-racist –– we’re strongly guided by the Maya Angelou's quote, "Do the best you can until you know better. And when you know better, do better."
That’s why we’re offering FREE classes for our white singers who are interested in dismantling internalized racism. Join us as we work through Resmaa Menakem's book My Grandmother's Hands.
- A supportive, non-judgmental, confidential group
- Weekly meditation and grounding exercises
- Free - anyone can join - Sing y'All member or not
- Facilitated by Marion
- Wednesdays 1:30-2:30 pm Pacific time via zoom.